Frequently asked questions
1. I’m not sure that the Leadership for Change Programme is for me. Who can advise me?
The Leadership for Change programme manager Ruth Lloyd can provide additional information on any aspect of the programme and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone 0115 748 4141. In the event that Ruth is unable to answer your question(s) the query will be referred to a member of the programme steering group, which is made up of representatives from Public Health, Children’s Services, Adult Social Care and the NHS.
We would also urge you to read the eligibility criteria before you begin your application.
2. What happens once I have completed the online application form?
Once you have completed your online application it will undergo assessment against the eligibility criteria by an assessment panel. If you are successful following this assessment you will be offered a place on the Programme.
Should you be unsuccessful we will advise you as soon as possible after the closing date, accompanied by relevant feedback. There will be an opportunity to appeal the final decision.
3. What are the responsibilities of the participant?
On application to join the programme, you are confirming you meet the defined eligibility criteria.
You will also commit to:
- Meet with a member of the Leadership for Change Programme delivery team to discuss your leadership challenge before residential 1
- attend three, two day core residentials
- Complete a 360 degree survey based on the leadership attributes of a systems leader (optional)
- This equates to a total of a minimum of 6 training days during a 6 month period; please see the programme timeline for residential dates
- you will also be expected to work with other place team members in between residentials and make progress on a cross systemic challenge, which you will have identified prior to joining the programme.
4. What support is available throughout the programme?
There are various levels of support available throughout the programme, as follows:
Residential Delivery Lead: The Residential Delivery Lead will be responsible for participants learning journey and particularly their experience at the residential elements of the programme.
The Programme Manager: Ruth Lloyd is available to answer technical or logistical queries at any point throughout the programme and can be contacted on 0115 748 4141 or at email@example.com
Leadership for Change Coach (LC): Participants will be encouraged to work with a Leadership for Change Coach during the programme in order to help them to make progress on their leadership challenges in between residentials. Unfortunately the coaching element of the programme is no longer funded so team will need to contract directly with the coaches. The programme team has a pool of experienced coaches for participants to choose from if they so wish and can broker the relationship. Equally, we recognise that participants may already have their own coaching arrangements in place locally.
5. What if I change my role during the programme – will that impact my attendance?
If your change of role means you are no longer working on or able to exert influence over the cross systemic leadership challenge that you identified as part of the application process, please speak to the Residential Delivery Lead or Ruth Lloyd who will discuss with you whether it’s still appropriate for you to continue with the programme.
6. What happens if I can’t attend a residential?
All participants are expected to attend residentials and you should check that you are available on the dates before you begin your application. However, we appreciate that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can arise. If you are having a problem with any of the dates, please contact the programme team as soon as possible to discuss this.
7. How many one day Extended Leadership Workshops should I attend?
There will be 4 one day Extended Leadership Workshops delivered throughout the programme. They are not compulsory but we strongly recommend that you attend if possible. These were a greatly valued element of the programme for participants in the first three cohorts of the programme.
8. Will I be charged cancellation fees if I do not attend a residential event or one day extended leadership workshops which I have registered for?
The programme team reserves the right to seek to recover costs of non-attendance at events for which participants have registered.
9. What happens if I am not able to identify at least three colleagues who wish to join the programme with me?
You should not apply. This is a very important part of the eligibility criteria, as throughout the programme you will work in small groups of 4 on your common cross systemic leadership challenge.
10. Why do I need sponsorship from Chief Executive Level? (or equivalent)
Our experience from delivering the first two cohorts is that participants without the support of their line manager often find it difficult to attend residentials and to gain traction in working on their cross systemic leadership challenge.